Size : 8.72 GiB (9364523539 Bytes)
Victor Wooten - Groove Workshop
Genre: Fusion (Master Class)
Duration: 3:01:48 & 1:50:27
Master Bassist Victor Wooten lays out his philosophy of teaching and learning music in Groove Workshop, a brilliant master class captured on DVD by Hudon Music. While traditional music education focuses on technique and 'playing the right notes', Victor delves deeper and emphasizes many subtle and rarely taught aspects of music making, giving the viewer an incredible insight into his musical concepts.
Working with a master class of six Bassists, each with Bass in hand, Victor - along with expert Bassist and instructor Anthony Wellington - explores the following intriguing concepts:
* Notes: is it possible for wrong notes to sound great?
* Grooving: what elements need to be present for a good groove to happen?
* Articulation: how can you use articulation to better express yourself?
* Technique: should you be conscious of your technique?
* Emotion/Feel: are you able to make the deepest connection with your listeners - the emotional connection?
* Dynamics: how are dynamics critical to drawing in your listeners or pushing them away?
* Rhythm/Tempo: what are some specific exercises to improve your time?
* Tone: how can tone make people dance?
* Phrasing: how can you use your imagination to improve your phrasing?
* Space/Rest: why is silence so important in playing music?
* Listening: learn why for Victor, listening is actually the most important aspect of playing music.
01. OPENING 02. VICTOR'S INSTRUCTION 03. GROOVE 04. CHAPTER 4: NOTES 05. CHAPTER 5: ARTICULATION 06. CHAPTER 6: TECHNIQUE 07. CHAPTER 7: EMOTION/FEEL 08. CHAPTER 8: DYNAMIC 09. CHAPTER 9: TONE 10. CHAPTER 10: RHYTHM/TEMPO
11. CHAPTER 11: PHRASING 12. CHAPTER 12: SPACE/REST 13. CHAPTER 13: LISTENING 14. CHAPTER 14: Q & A 15. CHAPTER 15: FREE-FORM SOLO 16. CHAPTER 16: VICTOR'S CLOSING STATEMENT 17. CREDITS
Format: DVD Video
Video Codec: MPEG2
Audio Codec: AC3
Video: 720 x 480 16:9 30 fps 9800 kbps
Audio: AC3 2.0 192 kbps